1. Sliced Carrots:
They look like the human eye (complete with pupil, iris and radiating lines), and research shows carrots enhance blood flow and function of the eyes.
2. A Tomato has up to four chambers and is commonly red. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and helps prevent heart disease, prostate cancer, breast cancer and more. Tomato juice can also reduce the tendency toward blood clotting.
3. Grapes hang in a cluster that resembles the shape of the heart. The stronger the color of the grape is, the higher the concentration of phytonutrients. Grapes prevent heart disease and reduce platelet clumping and harmful blood clots.
4. Walnuts resemble the brain, mimicking the wrinkles and folds of the neocortex. Research suggests that walnuts may reduce the risk or delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. Walnut – Wikipedia The high concentration of omega-3 fats in walnuts promotes healthy brain function.
5. Kidney Beans, true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys. Kidney beans contain molybdenum, which helps sulfite oxidase to form and is responsible for detoxifying sulfites WHFoods: Kidney beans. Animal research has shown that chronic renal failure has been associated with oxidative stress Sulfite-mediated oxidative stress in kidney cells.
6. Celery has a bone like appearance and is rich in silicon and Vitamin K, which are needed for healthy joints and bones.
7. Avocados were used by the Aztecs as a sex stimulant and the Aztec name for avocado was ahuacatl, meaning “testicle” History of Avocados. An extract of avocado impedes the growth of both androgen-dependent and androgen-independent prostate cancer cells.
8. Figs have a rich history and often been referred to as a sexual food, this is partly symbolic due to the appearance of the fruit. Figs are loaded with seeds and when halved, many note a resemblance to female genitalia. The Hindu name for fig is anjeer and research has shown that anjeer is helpful for sexual weakness Ficus carica – medicinal plants. Figs have also been mentioned as a source helpful for male fertility and motility.
9. Oranges, Grapefruits and other Citrus fruits have been compared to the appearance of female mammary glands. These fruits contain nutrients that are helpful in the fight against breast cancer.
10. Sliced Onions resemble skin cells and contain quercetin. Studies have shown when treated with a combination of quercetin and ultrasound at 20 kHz for 1-minute duration, skin and prostate cancers show a 90% mortality within 48 hours with no visible mortality of normal cells.
11. Sweet Potatoes resemble the pancreas and have a low glycemic index count, which is beneficial for diabetics.
12. Olives resemble ovaries and may help reduce hot flashes in women going through menopause. WHFoods: Olives Research indicates that Olive Oil may reduce ovarian cancer by 30%. ACS: Olive Oil May Lower Ovarian Cancer Risk